Visit us in one of our stores
- Our Story
- Returns Policy
- Live Animals Policy
- Competitor Difference
- Our Brands
- Sales Assistant Bray
- Sales Assistant Finglas
- Sales Assistant Liffey Valley
- Training Officer
- Store Manager
- Sales Assistant Carlow
- Sales Assistant Limerick
- Sales Assistant Midleton
- Sales Assistant Tallaght
- Store Supervisor Tallaght
- Store Supervisor Finglas
- In-store Vouchers
- Useful Downloads
- In-Store Promotions
Maxi Zoo Ireland are seeking an energetic Training Officer to help develop and grow our employees. The successful candidate will train our staff with knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out work–related tasks through designing and delivering training programmes.
- Responsible for training of all new and existing members of management on effective and efficient store policies and procedures
- Will become the primary source of knowledge for company policies and procedures
- You will review and improve our company policies and procedures on a regular basis
- Responsible for performing training needs analyses in our stores and developing comprehensive solutions to the companies needs.
- Implementation of new store training initiatives and projects
- Develop and oversee the production of classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals
- Deliver all classroom training to all new and existing employees
- Ensure transfer of knowledge of skills through effective training
- Analyse and monitor the various training programmes and initiatives with a view to proving ROI and additionally suggest improvements to constantly evolve all our training materials
- Communicate with external stakeholders (customers, suppliers, Department of Agriculture…) to develop training course content to enhance and expand competencies / skills
- Management of our E-learning platform
- Develop an Quarterly/Annual Training Plan
- This role will mainly partner with the HR Department but will collaborate with all departments from time to time
- Interest in pets is a must
- Fun, enthusiastic and self motivated
- Train the Trainer Course (QQI or equivalent)
- Experience in designing multiple training programs
- Previous retail management experience with a particular focus on policies and procedures
- Proven ability to master the full training cycle
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis and calculate training ROI
- Exceptional decision making and organisational skills
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences
- Proficiency in MS Packages
- Must be able to travel regularly throughout Ireland and Europe
Why Apply for a Job with Maxi Zoo?
At Maxi Zoo we focus on great products at affordable prices, competent advice and good service. With hard work and lots of fun we have rapidly become the top pet retailer in Ireland and across the European Market.
With seventeen stores throughout Ireland, we want you to be part of this success story and join Maxi Zoo.
We put an emphasis on internal promotion to allow our employees move up their career ladder with an aim to manage their own store one day. If you are a consistent performer, flexible, hard working and embrace further training then Maxi Zoo Ireland will provide you with every opportunity to develop and succeed.
We invest heavily to ensure our staff are trained to a high level as we want our staff to become Pet Experts and for Maxi Zoo to continue as the number one Pet Retailer in Ireland.
By joining Maxi Zoo Ireland you will:
- Complete 10 Day Induction Program
- Full sales training on brands instore
- Strengthen your selling techniques throughout our Authentic Selling Program
- Continuous training on our Fressnapf E-learning
Strengthen your skills:
Our employees have come from Veterinary Degrees and use their experience and knowledge learned in Maxi Zoo to move on into the Veterinary field
As Pet Store of the Year, Maxi Zoo is focused not just on training and development of our staff but also on reaching targets. If you are driven for success and enjoy reaching goals then Maxi Zoo may be for you.
- Join a young, friendly company
- Work with an established brand
- Be a part of the pet community by working with local charities
- Help educate others on animal welfare with our Responsible Pet Ownership Training
- Bring your pet to work
- 30% Discount on own brand products
- Take part in our in store events
- Become part of a Expert Team to coach and develop your colleagues
- Work with like minded people
Click here to view Sales Assistant at Bray
Click here to view Sales Assistant at Finglas
Click here to view Sales Assistant at Liffey Valley
Click here to view Sales Assistant at Carlow
Click here to view Sales Assistant at Limerick
Click here to view Sales Assistant at Midleton
Click here to view Sales Assistant at Tallaght
Click here to view Store Supervisor at Tallaght
Click here to view Store Supervisor at Finglas
Click here to view Training Officer
Click here to view Store Managers in Dublin area
Top reasons to visit
- The Right Price - Best deals!
- The Right Advice - Skilled staff
- Pets are welcome in store!
- Convenient Locations
- Weigh scales & tracking cards available
- We love Pets as much as you do!