Dog bags & dog backpacks at the Maxi Zoo online shop
Dog backpacks and bags: the benefits
Dog backpacks and carrier bags for dogs are practical for the pet owner for many reasons and especially for small dogs. Of course, you cannot transport a grown Labrador in one, but you can transport a puppy. There are even carrier bags for dogs weighing up to 10 kg.
A dog backpack or dog carrier bag is often used when you have to carry a small dog as a precaution. This is advisable, for example, at gatherings of people, so that the dog remains uninjured and is kept safe. Puppies in particular are quickly overwhelmed by external factors, and a visit to the vet can be a stressful situation for many dogs. Your four-legged friend will feel secure in the bag and can withdraw into it. A dog bag is also ideal when the animal gets tired on the go. Likewise, the distance you can cover with smaller, younger, older and sick dogs can therefore be increased.
Last but not least, a suitable carrying bag will also relieve you as the owner, because it means you no longer have to carry your dog in your arms. You can also store important items for when you’re out and about, such as treats, water or poo bags in the practical side pockets of the bag or backpack for dogs. A dog carrier bag is therefore extremely useful in many situations – for dog owners too.
Packing dog bags correctly
Dog backpacks and dog bags are immediately ready for use and, unlike normal backpacks and bags, do not have to be equipped with a dog blanket for animal transport. Most models are lined with soft fleece and offer the dog that pleasant comfort. Dog carrier bags for use in aircraft can usually also be used well in cars. In addition, an adequate carrying bag always offers your dog a familiar place of retreat when you’re out and about. And thanks to integrated mesh windows, dogs always have contact with you and their environment.
What makes dog bags and dog backpacks so practical?
It’s very simple: apart from the advantages mentioned, the various bags and backpacks for dogs offer numerous functions across different models, which all help to make animal transport significantly more flexible and comfortable – for humans and animals alike. The list of features ranges from generous storage space, to sturdy shoulder straps and shoulder straps that distribute the weight comfortably on the shoulders. Some models are even equipped with rollers. Whether you’re looking for a trolley, backpack, carrier bag, bum bag or buggy – there’s the right model for every requirement!
What’s the right bag for my dog?
What form of dog transport is the right one for you and your four-legged friend? Is a dog bag or a dog backpack more appropriate, or should you use a trolley?
- A trolley is a good choice especially if your dog is a little bigger or heavier. This way your four-legged friend can continue to accompany you, as you can pull it effortlessly without having to lift a heavy weight.
- A dog backpack, on the other hand, is more gentle on your back, but then you do not have eye contact with your dog.
- If you choose a dog bag, the dog can see you and you have the opportunity to pet it at any time. Dog bags that you put over one shoulder are especially suitable for small and light dogs – and are kind on your back.
- A carrying bag for dogs that you can seal is particularly suitable for transport in buses and trains. If you want to treat your four-legged friend to a break now and then, a bag with an opening at the front for the head is also sufficient.
How do you wash dog bags?
Over time, the textiles will absorb odours and can become dirty. So it’s important that high-quality carrier bags for dogs are extremely easy to care for. Exactly how you can clean the dog backpack or the dog carrier bag depends on the material. Observe the manufacturer’s instructions in this regard. Most dog bags are easy to wash by hand and can be washed in the washing machine using the Delicates cycle. For light soiling, you can usually treat the textiles with a mild detergent.
What should I pay attention to when purchasing a dog bag?
The most important criteria when purchasing a dog bag or dog backpack is the size of the storage space. Your dog must have enough space inside it. In addition, the maximum load capacity is important. The dog carrier bag of your choice must therefore be designed with the dimensions and weight of your four-legged friend in mind. In addition, it makes sense to have mesh panels, as these assure better air circulation. If the bag is equipped with back or shoulder straps, these should be padded. High-quality dog bags are also very light, giving you more carrying capacity for a given weight. Luxury dog bags and dog backpacks are also suitable as fashion accessories. Choose a model that suits your style and clothes.
How do I familiarise my dog with its backpack or bag?
Many dogs are initially a bit suspicious about any new form of transport. So you first need to familiarise your four-legged friend with its bag.
- First of all, set the bag down in your apartment/house and open it up to give your dog an opportunity to sniff it thoroughly. If it is curious, praise it – this is how it associates a dog backpack with something positive. If it doesn’t trust the bag straightaway, place some tasty treats around the bag.
- As the next step, place those treats inside the bag and praise your dog if it dares to fish them out. Repeat this until your dog confidently trusts the bag.
- Place your favourite toy and treats in your dog’s bag so that it gets inside voluntarily. Be patient, your four-legged friend may need some time. As soon as it has dared to get into the bag, you should offer praise. Repeat as often as you like until it feels good about being in the backpack.
- Now you can teach your dog to get into its bag: give the right command and reward it as soon as it gets into it. It will do this automatically after some time. Once that is working, close the bag briefly, open it again and reward your four-legged friend.
- As a last step, you should carry your dog around in the closed backpack or bag while still inside your apartment/house. Start with just a few steps and gradually increase the duration. During this time, make sure that your dog is calm and relaxed in the bag.
You can buy dog bags at low prices in the Maxi Zoo online shop. We carry simple as well as exclusive dog bags from well-known brands. Choose from a variety of styles in different designs, made from high-quality materials such as leather and cotton. Make your dog and yourself happy!